Picture Pages (back to main page)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Fast Forward a few months, and I was finally able to start putting in a significant amount of time into the project. I made two new PCBs. This one is the new regulator board converting the batteries 9.6 volts to 5 volts with some 80% efficiency. There are three of them on the board, each of them capable of 1 amp of power. Also using three instead of one provides some power isolation. The PCB was layed out to fit the exactly the same slot that the old R/C transmitter and driver board used to fit in. That is why it has the strange shape.
This is the new H-Bridge motor. Same motor drivers as the first one, but layed out in a more compact package. The empty sockets were for noise suppressing capacitors on the output if necessary. Notice the layout error on the backside as a trace is going to the wrong side of the surface mount package! I can't believe I didn't catch that one.